File Size: 8637 KB.
Print Length: 700 pages.
Formats: PDF, ePUB & mobi.
(4.6 / 5) (19 votes).
- This book explores a wide range of modern graphics programming techniques and GPU compute methods to make the best use of the Vulkan API
- Learn techniques that can be applied to a wide range of platforms desktop, smartphones, and embedded devices
This book is your guide to understanding Vulkan through a series of recipes. We start off by teaching you how to create instances in Vulkan and choose the device on which operations will be performed. You will then explore more complex topics such as command buffers, resources and memory management, pipelines, GLSL shaders, render passes, and more. Gradually, the book moves on to teach you advanced rendering techniques, how to draw 3D scenes, and how to improve the performance of your applications.
By the end of the book, you will be familiar with the latest advanced techniques implemented with the Vulkan API, which can be used on a wide range of platforms.
- Work with Swapchain to present images on screen
- Create, submit, and synchronize operations processed by the hardware
- Create buffers and images, manage their memory, and upload data to them from CPU
- Explore descriptor sets and set up an interface between application and shaders
- Organize drawing operations into a set of render passes and subpasses
- Prepare graphics pipelines to draw 3D scenes and compute pipelines to perform mathematical calculations
- Implement geometry projection and tessellation, texturing, lighting, and post-processing techniques
- Write shaders in GLSL and convert them into SPIR-V assemblies
- Find out about and implement a collection of popular, advanced rendering techniques found in games and benchmarks